Monday, September 15, 2014

Are Dogs Psychic?

If you think human beings are the only ones capable of becoming psychic, think again. Even animals can possess this ability, especially dogs. In fact, dogs are believed to have high psychic qualities and can be sensitive to paranormal activities.

We credit dogs for their amazing qualities that endear them to us. We can train them and they can be of great help.

My late dad was a dog trainer and he taught our dogs, Bimbo and Bak, a lot of things. We would bring them with us to the market so that they could carry our baskets. Everyone who saw us was amazed. I cannot forget how they entertained our guests by doing tricks like sitting, standing, jumping, acting dead and solving simple math problems.

What other pet can beat a dog’s loyalty? They stay loyal to their owners — even if some owners beat them to death. Stories of dogs that stayed by their master’s grave even after death are not uncommon. Although, I am not sure if dogs cry — I don’t even know if they can shed tears, but they have their ways of expressing grief.

I experienced this when I saw from my dogs, after I came home from a long vacation, the way they moaned and repeatedly leaped on me. This seemed to be their way of asking why it took me so long to come back.

Dogs have also been helpful in scaring thieves away. A little sound could awaken them, and, if they feel that there is an intruder nearby, they get up, bark at the offender and prepare to attack. They can save the lives of their owners, even if that would mean risking their own lives. This is the reason why some of them have been honored as heroes.

Yet, dogs have another quality that everyone should be aware of — they have very keen instincts, one of the most important qualities of psychics.

It is not uncommon for some dogs to see a person and sense if that person has bad intentions. They have an uncanny knack for knowing if someone means harm. This can be attributed to their sense of smell, which is very powerful, and can be equivalent to clairalience — the psychic ability of gaining insight through distinct smelling.

I have often wondered how my dogs know that I am on my way home. My mother often tells me how my dogs would sit in front of the door, wagging their tails a few minutes before I arrive.

Or one wonders whether dogs have a strong sense of direction that allows them to find their way back home. Can they smell illnesses? Or are they just simply naturally psychic?

Dogs seem to see things that ordinary human eyes can’t. Have you ever noticed your dog staring at a corner of the house and acting silly as if it is seeing something creepy? My pets are no exception. They sleep regularly in my room and I notice that there are times when they suddenly seem frightened. They rush to the corner and bark at something unseen. At other times, they bark angrily at my window, even if there’s nothing there.

Do they see ghosts? Well, that’s not impossible. Dogs are believed to possess this ability from ancient times.

Some paranormal investigators bring dogs with them during their paranormal activities for experimentation. I remember Maddie, the Ghost Hunting Dog trained to sniff ghosts. The Atlantic Paranormal Society’s (TAPS) lead investigator Jason Hawes, who rescued the dog in 2010, has a lot to say about the half German Shepherd, half Australian Cattle Dog. According to him, the group taught Maddie to identify signs of paranormal activities in a location, which includes high magnetic fields.

We’ve certainly heard and read a lot of good things about dogs. Indeed, they were given a lot of useful traits that we can benefit from if we know how to be responsible pet owners. They are capable of giving and returning love. We just have to open our eyes to see those traits and appreciate them.

Dogs are our best friends. If we treat them with kindness, they can even be more than just our best friends. Give them a little care and they will return the favor 100 folds. Who knows, if we give them the love that they deserve, they can even be our psychic guides.

No comments: